Monday, December 7, 2009

Walk In Her Shoes - October 24th, 2009

Early Saturday morning was an absolutely sunny and beautiful day, and a perfect day to help with the Walk In Her Shoes event, which benefits the High Desert Domestic Violence Program. I had the opportunity to meet Daryll Evey who runs the program here in the high desert.

It was great to see so many familiar faces and also new faces who came out to support such a great cause. I had the opportunity to meet the Mayor of Apple Valley and Hesperia, as well as many council men and council women who were happy to come out in support of the Domestic Violence Program.

It was great to see such good sportsmanship when the Mayors and Council Men and Council Women were asked to sport their fancy heels for the Walk In Her Shoes. I do have to say that I don't think I've ever seen this group wear heels so well!!! (From left to right: Mayor of Hesperia, Thurston "Smitty" Smith, Mayor of Apple Valley, Rick Roelle, Victorville City Council Man, Ryan McEachron, City of Apple Valley Council Woman, Ginger Coleman).
I had the opportunity to head the one mile walk in her shoes....and yes, I sported the heels all the way!
The walk ended with an awards presentation for each of the races that took place that day, where I was delighted to hand out certificates and trophies to the many impressive athletes that came out for the event. After all the awards were handed out everyone enjoyed tasting chili for the Apple Valley Rotary Chili Cook Off! I definitely had my share and my share of other yummy goodies at the cook off.
Yet another event that I am proud and honored to have been a part of!





















1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic event. I would love to volunteer for any upcoming domestic violence events you will be doing.
    shanaksmith@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete